The American Arbitration Association, the leading provider of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services, has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Vice President in our Commercial Division to work with and promote ADR services to the area’s legal and business communities.
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus incentive, and the opportunity to have a rewarding career in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our comprehensive benefits program includes the following: health and Rx, dental and orthodontia, vision, discounted pet insurance, disability insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, 403(b) and Roth 403(b) retirement plans w/company match, a discounted corporate FitBit program, and generous paid time-off benefits.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Proactively managing large, complex mediation and arbitration cases within the scope of the AAA rules and procedures.
- Serving as a visible, primary case management contact and ADR expert in delivering timely and cost-effective dispute resolution services.
- Advising on procedural case management and related issues.
- Recruiting arbitrators and mediators for admittance to the Association’s Roster.
- Reviewing, tracking and analyzing ADR trends in the region.
- Preparing annual fiscal budget projecting attainable revenues & expenses in accordance with AAA goals and objectives.
- Creating and implementing strategically focused business-development initiatives, with the objective of securing increased regional market share.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree (MBA or JD preferred); 7-10 years of progressive, proven experience in an executive, business services, or business development role; or an equivalent mix of education and experience. Technical skills: proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and CRM/Sales software applications.
Characteristics for Success:
- Professional, self-motivated and highly responsible individual with high ethical standards
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels
- Superior interpersonal abilities and high level of emotional intelligence, tact and flexibility
- Clear constituent-oriented, service-centered approach; respectful disposition
- Results oriented with the ability to balance priorities
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and is able to work autonomously